For the third year in a row, Thumbtack.com has partnered with the Kauffman Foundation to survey small businesses nationwide. With this particular survey, the goal is to learn what small businesses believe is a healthy political a regulatory climate by having them rate how it is to do business where they live. The survey aims to learn what creates a healthy, vibrant local business environment by asking owners & operators about these issues in the cities where they live.
And here’s what small business owners are saying about the business climate in San Antonio!
“It’s very easy to start a business in Texas. We have regulations and insurance issues, but they are very helpful in fulfilling the requirements.” – Musician, San Antonio
“Doing business is my state is like riding a bicycle once you learn the basics, you are good to go.” –DJ, Seguin
“The cost of creating a business (corporation or partnership) in Texas is prohibitive. The cost of a corporation or partnership created outside of Texas to do business in Texas is also prohibitive. If these costs can be met, the rest is pretty simple.” – Tax & Bookkeeping, San Antonio
“Texas is a great place to start a business.” – Construction, San Antonio
According to Thumbtack, some of the key findings for San Antonio include:
- San Antonio did well across every metric we measured, earning two A+, four A, and four A- grades.
- Five Texas cities made the top ten for overall business friendliness – Houston (#3), Austin (#4), Dallas (#6), Fort Worth (#7), and San Antonio (#8).
- San Antonio reported the highest rate of businesses that required a license to operate in Texas.
- San Antonio received an A+ for the friendliness of its zoning laws and its health and safety regulations.
- Even though it was 11th best in the nation, San Antonio’s regulatory friendliness rates as the worst in Texas, behind Fort Worth, Dallas, Austin, and Houston.
For more information about the survey & to review its full methodology and analysis the link below: